Friday, January 8, 2010

Goal 1

Continue my new found disdain for fast food. It's funny how this particular urge comes in waves. The snow has helped me avoid rushing across the street to McDonalds in a glossed over rage. I remember when the movie came out about people who were emotionally addicted to fast food, to which I scoffed. It's funny how we laugh through self denial. I can be having an awful day, and the thought of the dollar menu just brings that shimmer of hope to my soul. The first couple of cut-off days can be rough, but eventually, once completely removed, the urge isn't there. But as you drive down the street and see those blasted golden arches...I have to admit, my eyes start to gloss over. What have I chosen to replace it? Apples...now granted I like to put a tad of peanut butter on each slice, but STILL! Bananas have come in a close second (without peanut butter, though...if it was good enough for Elvis).

I love going out and eating with friends or treating them to a dinner, but the new goal is if we do that, it must be a sit down dinner, with a waiter.

Update on career: my new church job in Topeka is wonderful. The pay is double what I've been making in Lawrence, and there is a handy carpool that I can be a part of to cut down on driving expenses. The choir was very welcoming and were happy for me being the new addition.

It's 2 degrees outside ... unacceptable.

That's all for now. I need to work on some music today.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It needs to warm up! Brrr!

    And I have to tell you, I used to be like that with both Starbucks and white flour. I still like a peppermint hot chocolate now and then but the urge is considerably less. And last night, my roommate made homemade macaroni with white-flour pasta for roommate dinner. I ate it anyway bc I didn't want to be rude but most things with white flour in them these days are a huge turn-off to me bc I know they'll make me sick. Choc chip cookies are the one downfall... but we're working on it :)

    ReplyDelete